rss
email
twitter
facebook

Cody Stanfield

Cody Stanfield

Memorial for Son by his Dear Mother


This memorial website was created in the memory of our loved one, Cody Stanfield. He was born in Indiana on July 06, 2004 and passed away on October 12, 2004 . We will remember him forever. Cody was my dream come true. He was a fraternal twin and the preemie of the two.

From the beginning he was a strong little boy with a beautiful defined face and a quiet spirit within him. He was born with the help of a procedure known as Invito Fertilization. Because of medical reasons this was my only hope of ever becoming a mother. Thank God after the first procedure I found out that the two eggs that was put in took and I for the first time ever was pregnant with TWINS!

Around four or five months I found out that they was going to be a girl and a boy. But even still until I saw their faces I knew the ultrasound could be wrong. I did pick out two names though and its funny but the two I picked just seemed to fit. The pregnancy was good up until my 29wk when I started to go into pre-term labor. I was admitted and stayed until their birth which was at 36wks.

Cody was born first weighing 4# 13 0z. What a angel! I couldn't believe this beautiful baby was mine finally. My dream came true. His faint little cry was so precious to hear for the first time.I never would have thought that his precious life would have been so short lived.

He was just two months old while in his father's care that the tragic event took place. Cody was a victim of Shaken Baby Syndrome, but passed away from blunt force trauma from being tossed onto our couch after being shook.

I still cannot believe that he is gone or that my precious baby boy suffered and died in that manner. I feel violated that my son was taken from me and I will never get to see him grow up with his twin sister, or to see him get married and start a family of his own. I feel betrayed that a man I loved and shared my life with would do this type of crime to his own child and to me and our family. I did not just lose a son, but a family and a husband.

My life will never be the same now. Every holiday, anniversary of my pregnancy events and his birthday will be a constant reminder of the loss of his life. How do I explain to his twin sister what her own father did to her twin brother? And how can I really go on......I have been in shock ever since that night I saw my son at the hospital.

The pictures are hard to look at of him like that. But my family and I took them in hopes that we could help people see what danger shaking a baby can do and to try to help spread awareness in that a life may be saved. If anyone having trouble coping with a crying baby or just being a new parent comes upon this memorial site and gets touched by it or helps them in anyway, then my son's life will not be in vain. Since this happened I have divorced and gotten counseling to help with my loss. His father plead guilty to battery and got 5 yrs but he only did 1 year and 9 months for it! I can't believe that's all he had to serve for killing our son.

Even though Cody was here for such a short time his presence and sweet spirit touched everyone who came in contact with him. His big smile made you grin and when his little fingers would grasp yours...you would melt. At Cody's funeral, it was said that his life was....."Born on Earth to Blossom in Heaven". That he is.

How beautiful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment